Motion well being is a trillion-dollar market.
- Table of Contents
Cashing in, digital bodily remedy supplier Hinge Well being raised $600M in new funding, valuing the corporate at $6.2B.
What it’s: Combining pc imaginative and prescient and movement sensors with train remedy and motion assessments, Hinge Well being combats all levels of musculoskeletal (MSK) situations, from prevention to post-surgery.
Why it issues: As we detailed in Subject No. 134: The Enterprise of Motion Well being, continual ache and accidents stemming from MSK situations are on the rise.
- 71B folks endure from MSK situations worldwide.
- Greater than 50% of US adults report again or joint ache.
- MSK prices within the US, together with care and productiveness, exceed $980B/yr.
A drain on healthcare prices, productiveness, and high quality of life, MSK situations are costly and largely preventable. With that, digital well being firms like Hinge Well being, Kaia Well being, SWORD Well being, and Amazon’s Motion Well being are taking intention on the downside.
Digital PT. Having raised greater than $1B thus far, together with a $300M funding spherical earlier in 2021, Hinge Well being has been increasing its Digital MSK Clinic.
- Acquired wearable maker Enso, deploying expertise for noninvasive and nonaddictive ache aid
- Launched HingeConnect, integrating customers’ digital well being information
- Doubled its buyer base, largely well being insurers and employers, surpassing 575 firms
Trying forward: Daniel Perez, Hinge Well being’s co-founder and CEO, stated the corporate will likely be energetic on the M&A entrance, entertaining an IPO “after we wish to.”