Are you getting iMessage, WhatsApp, Slack, Groups, and different app notifications even when your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb (DND) mode? It could actually occur due to allowed apps added as exceptions to Focus modes.
Table of Content
Comply with this fast information to repair this situation and cease apps from notifying you throughout Do Not Disturb mode.
Why does it occur?
Some individuals and apps are important, and you may want calls, texts, and notifications from them to bypass Do Not Disturb and provide you with a warning even when your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode. So, in the event you’re getting notifications throughout DND, that’s more than likely since you or somebody with entry to your iPhone has added that app as an exception.
Right here is cease textual content and app notifications throughout Do Not Disturb on iOS 15 and later.
1. Clear allowed apps for Do Not Disturb
Comply with these steps to take away app exceptions from DND:
1) Open iPhone Settings and faucet Focus.
2) Faucet Do Not Disturb.
3) Underneath Allowed Notifications, do you see some apps? If sure, faucet Apps.
4) Choose the minus (-) button for all desired apps or faucet Take away All > Take away Apps.
The above steps make sure that no apps are added as exceptions to Do Not Disturb. Which means that subsequent time your iPhone is in DND mode, the eliminated apps will not notify you.
2. Flip off Time Delicate notifications
Notifications marked as Time Delicate are important and want your fast consideration. If the Time Delicate toggle is enabled, then apps that aren’t even added to the Allowed Notifications record can ship alerts – Time Delicate alerts.
In case you don’t need any app notification throughout Do Not Disturb, you also needs to block Time Delicate notifications. Right here’s how:
1) Open Settings and go to Focus > Do Not Disturb.
2) Choose Apps below Allowed Notifications.
3) Toggle off Time Delicate.
3. Be sure that DND Focus is enabled
After following the above two fixes, in the event you nonetheless get calls throughout Do Not Disturb, take a second to ensure Do Not Disturb is definitely enabled. The simplest means to try this is by going to your iPhone’s Management Heart and tapping the crescent moon icon. You can too faucet Focus > Do Not Disturb.
Aside from the Management Heart, you may ask Siri to allow Do Not Disturb or go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and toggle on Do Not Disturb.
4. Don’t flip off DND in your different Apple machine(s)
Focus is shared throughout your Apple gadgets. Meaning in the event you allow Do Not Disturb in your iPhone, the identical is enabled in your different gadgets like Mac or iPad.
To deal with this, you’ve got two choices:
- Don’t flip off Do Not Disturb in your different Apple gadgets. Or,
- Go to iPhone Settings > Focus and toggle off Share Throughout Units. From now, even in the event you activate or deactivate a Focus mode like Do Not Disturb on one in all your Apple gadgets, it gained’t have an effect on the Focus standing on this iPhone.
5. Different fixes
By now, it’s best to not get bothered by textual content or app notifications throughout Do Not Disturb. Nonetheless, to make sure an ideal expertise or in the event you nonetheless get notifications, do the next:
- Restart your iPhone. Make it a behavior to take action at common intervals, like as soon as each 3 days or so.
- Go to iPhone Settings > Normal > Software program Replace and get the most recent model of iOS.
- Lastly, if nothing helps and incoming notifications don’t cease throughout Do Not Disturb, go forward and reset all iPhone settings.